Sciatica and lower back pain are caused by an irritation or compression of the lower back nerve.
Sciatica and lower back pain are caused by an irritation or compression of the lower back nerve. It is a very common issue nowadays, and studies even suggest that 5 to 10% of Americans suffer from it.
Sciatica pain begins from the lower spine to the lower part of one leg or even the foot.
These are the most common symptoms of this painful condition:
• A piercing pain felt in one buttock and leg
• A burning and tingling pain
• Pain that is intensified in a sitting position
• In the most severe cases, it may cause a loss of bowel and bladder control.
Sciatica can be a result of various factors, including:
• Slipped disc (90% of cases)
• A direct injury
• Spinal infections
• Spondylolisthesis (or a slipped vertebrae)
• Spinal stenosis (it is the narrowing of the spinal cord passage)
• Cauda equine syndrome
This often unbearable pain can be prevented in the following ways:
• Regular exercise which strengthens the back muscles
• Sleeping on a firm mattress
• A proper body posture
• Properly adjusted car seat for lower back support
• Regular practice of a proper lifting technique
We will suggest the best six exercises to prevent and relieve sciatica pain: