A teenager has reportedly died after getting a love bite from his girlfriend, which led to him having a stroke.
17-year-old Julio Macias Gonzalez, from Mexico City, was at the dinner table with his family when he started having convulsions.
It’s believed his girlfriend gave him a hickey earlier that evening, which then caused a blood clot that travelled to the boy’s brain, The Mirror reports.
Paramedics were immediately dispatched to the scene, but sadly Julio could not be saved and died shortly after.
It’s being claimed that the suction from the ‘hickey’ was the cause of the clot which travelled to his brain, triggering a stroke.
His 24-year-old girlfriend has now disappeared, with fears that she may have absconded after his death. The boy’s parents are now allegedly blaming her for his death.
This isn’t the first time that a love bite has caused serious harm either. Back in 2011, a 44-year-old woman was left partially paralysed after having a stroke in very similar circumstances.
Doctors in New Zealand were struggling to figure out what had caused it when they noticed a fading bruise on her neck, with a damaged major artery underneath.
The doctor who treated the woman, Dr Teddy Wu, said: “To my knowledge, it’s the first time someone has been hospitalised by a hickey.”
“To my knowledge, it’s the first time someone has been hospitalised by a hickey.”
Photos and Article Source: Unilad News
“Teen Dies Of Stroke After Getting Love Bite From Girlfriend” BY Alex Mays